Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Serve...and be served?

Well, today I had a little angel of a neighbor come over so that I could mop my floors. She offered to play with my kiddies to let me be productive. I totally took her up on it. Something I'm learning to do is let others have a blessing in serving me too. I pride myself in loving to take a meal to somebody or pray for them or whatever! However, it is difficult to accept those love gifts of service. After my first baby was born and I saw the outpouring of love -- the body of Christ reaching out to me and being the hands and feet of Jesus -- I had an ah ha! moment. It is an incredible thing to bless someone else w/ your service, but it's ok to let them be blessed by helping you. It's what we're to do. Our hands need to reach, our feet need to go, our mouths need to encourage, and we need to serve in the way we feel led. When my sweet neighbor said "I love to play with kids. I'd love to come over and play with yours any time to let you get work done." I was like, Ok! And we talked about a date that worked and we did it. So today in just a few hours having a little help, I felt like I could conquer the world. Any of you Moms out there know what I'm talking about. Sometimes, you can conquer the world in 30 minutes if you don't have your child/ren in toe:) So, I was so rejuvenated, and I know that she really did want to do it. What a blessing to me she was, and what a blessing she had serving! We all won!...even my kids who had focused one-on-one attention uninterrupted by my multi tasking. Tomorrow, I will take them to the library for the first time in forever because I got my chores done. So, the next time someone wants to help you specifically ( and I'm not talking about the ole' line of "if you need anything let me know") but if they really say hey, can I come over and play with your baby or can I bring you dinner...LET 'EM! Just be sure that you are looking for avenues to be the hands and feet of Jesus. So, serve...and yes, BE SERVED!

Daily Scripture
Philippians 2:14-15
"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment